Treat all clinical, diagnostic and surgical aspects to correct the angular deformities of the pelvic limb associated or not to patellar luxation. At the end of this course, participants should be able to:
• Know the pathogenesis of pelvic limb malformations and deformities.
• Learning the method for classifying and measuring limb deformities.
• Know the CORA method and its application for skeletal deformities.
• Know how to identify skeletal deformities underlying patellar luxation and to plan corrective surgical interventions for different conditions associated with patella luxation.
• Know how to perform the surgical techniques indicated for the different forms of luxation of the patella and other pelvic limb deformities.
This is a master level course suitable for veterinary surgeons with previous experience in small animal orthopedic surgery. Prior attendance at an AOVET Principles of Fracture Management course (or equivalent) is strongly advised.
Derek Fox, DVM, Dipl ACVS, PhD
Michael P. Kowaleski, DVM, Dipl ACVS, Dipl ECVS
Bruno Peirone, Med Vet, PhD, Prof. Ord. Università di Torino